When it comes to getting auto insurance, most of us want quick and hassle-free solutions. Hey, a 1-800 number is incredibly easy to use.
However, if you’ve ever tried to get an auto insurance quote from an agent like ours, you might have wondered why the process seems to take longer than expected. While the digital age has sped up many aspects of our lives, auto insurance quotes still often come with delays and it takes us some time to find the right fit for you.
Here are some of the reasons it can take us a day to do a quote for you.
- Complex Calculations and the Underwriting Process: Auto insurance quotes aren’t just random numbers pulled out of thin air. They are based on a multitude of factors such as your driving history, age, location, the make and model of your vehicle, the drivers on your policy, past payment and past liability limits and even how many times you’ve changed insurance carriers. Insurance companies use complex algorithms and historical data to calculate your risk profile accurately.
- Data Verification: Insurers need to validate the information you provide to prevent fraud and ensure accuracy. This may involve cross-referencing your details with various databases, which can be time-consuming. Using the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles will pull a lot of information, and we have to double check and cross check if there are errors.
- Customization: Insurance isn’t one-size-fits-all. Each policy needs to be customized to fit your specific needs and preferences. This requires careful consideration and communication between you and our office, which can prolong the quote process.
- Regulations and Compliance: Insurance companies must adhere to strict regulations and compliance requirements set by the Division of Insurance-and so do we. If we want to apply a discount or remove a driver, we need to be able to show we did our due diligence in researching if the information is accurate.
- Competitive Analysis: We check for every discount, and ask questions about a lot of things you may not think apply, but on our end, it makes a difference. Perhaps you are interested in accident forgiveness, and we need to make sure all the companies we provide you with a quote for even offer that coverage.
- Human Element (that’s us!!) : Although technology plays a significant role in the insurance industry, there is still a human element involved in processing insurance quotes. Employees need time to review and evaluate your information accurately. While writing your policy and providing you with a quote are our top priority-so is serving our clients when the have a claim, or a billing issue. We strive to provide the best service starting when you ask for a quote-so please be patient while we serve ALL our clients!
While getting an auto insurance quote may not be as fast as ordering a pizza to be delivered, it’s essential to recognize that the time invested ensures you receive a quote that suits your needs and budget.
While it may be frustrating to wait, the thoroughness of the process ultimately benefits you by helping you find the right coverage at the right price. We’re Here for you, start to finish.
To get started on your quote, give us a call or fill out a quote request!
- Pembroke: 781-293-5500
- Plymouth: 508-746-0030
- Osterville: 508-428-6919